Friday 4 November 2011

Day 3 - Wednesday 2nd November

Not an awful lot to report tonight. Got home and then went for a quick 10k run with two of my mates. It shames me to say it but I have had nights where I've gone on training runs and then gone straight to the pub after, I guess kidding myself that I 'deserve' it. I've even had times when I've suggested a few beers after weeknight team triathlon cycling or swimming training and people have awkwardly declined, and then I've felt embarrassed as I realise how ridiculous it is to feel the need to go drinking just because I've done something athletic and that most people who do this kind of sport dont do that. Usually I play football on Wednesday nights and it always ends with a good 5-6 pints after the game, I guess I take that attitude into everything. I am sitting at home at the moment, slightly bored. This is the kind of time when I'd probably pop down to the bar underneath my apartment and have a couple of pints, but I'm not going to. Another test tomorrow, dinner with a friend who I haven't seen for a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment