Friday 4 November 2011

Day 2 - Tuesday 1st November

A slight test tonight as I went to a gig with one of my mates. I saw Battles play at Webster Hall. They are one of my favourite bands, and my mate who I went with is one of my main drinking buddies, so usually this would be a solid 5-6 pint night and then maybe even a pint in my local. It was easy though. We met up at 7:30 and went to get something to eat. He had a couple of pints, I had diet coke. We went to another bar and he had a couple more pints. It was odd, the urge to order a pint was so strong. I even picked up his pint and smelled it to see if it was scent related. I cant say I really wanted to drink and I'd been feeling slightly under the weather today so didnt especially feel the need to drink, but just being with a mate in a pub meant that my natural instinct is to have a pint. Main thing I noticed today was that I had $40 in my pocket when I went out, and I had $30 when i came home. Usually on a night like this that $40 would be gone, and I'd probably take another $40 out.

Again, not the most interesting update, but its early days yet.

Oh, and Battles were amazing...



No comments:

Post a Comment