Tuesday 8 November 2011

Day 9 - Tuesday 8th November

A short update today. I'm aware that I'm not always going to have something interesting to say, so I want to  avoid the temptation to write simply to fill empty space. As I have mentioned before, I want to really try and get across the ideas and concepts that I have thought about in relation to 'it', but there is no point writing if I'm not feeling it.

Anyway, today I learned an important lesson:- sometimes, even when you have totally abstained from alcohol and had lots of good quality sleep, you can still wake up feeling like shit. Today was one of those days. I felt tired all day and it was a struggle to get out of bed. Not going to dwell on it, but it was quite disappointing to feel like I had a hangover without the pleasure of drinking!

However I also learned that my ridiculously improved run of Saturday was not a fluke! I ran 8 miles in Central Park tonight with a time of 58:10 which is a 7:16 pace! It felt great.

The only sign of this lifestyle change that I noticed today was a willingness to stay at work late. Obviously I am happy to stay late if something needs to get done, but after I got back to the office from my run around Central Park I just hung out for a while doing a few things that could easily have waited before leaving at 9pm. Every night of this experiment I have had something to do, and tonight was the first night that I did not. Maybe subconsciously I was nervous about being by myself with the temptation to hang out at the bar.....or maybe I was just winding down after my run. A small observation, but I definitely noticed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment